Officer Jitters Raises Questions

bbfreeburn

Absolutely, but do you really think it's any better now? From what I have lived and seen, I firmly believe the black/white relations today are FAR worse than they were back then.
I'm not sure that they are any worse. I think it's quite possible that the mask has come off.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'm not sure that they are any worse. I think it's quite possible that the mask has come off.
From what I see, with my generation, it's just old. I'm now a racist because I'm tired of all the minorities using race as a crutch. I'm tired of the cultural exclusion within the the minority groups. I'm tired of all the whining. So now I'm a racist.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
From what I see, with my generation, it's just old. I'm now a racist because I'm tired of all the minorities using race as a crutch. I'm tired of the cultural exclusion within the the minority groups. I'm tired of all the whining. So now I'm a racist.
Agreed. I do believe we much more segregated now than 20 or so years ago. Blame it on JJ, or Sharpton or Obama, or the entire lot, but we are more distant than before.

livespive

You see it as whining, when it is actually stating what hasn't changed.......

The picture looks different, but it's the same story.

livespive

This is what I mean:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/video-sitting-porch-beaten-police-state/#vQHOKzj2IwUvhuuy.99

In "Mayberry" These cops would have went about their business after the questioning, but today, that is just not the case.

Sorry, live, but I have to totally disagree with this view. The street is not the place to hold a "impromptu hearing" on the merits of a stop. If I get a radio call stating the description of someone wanted for an armed robbery that may have just happened, I do not have any proof of that to present to a person I stop that he fits the description of the armed robber. Moreover, if that person IS the person being sought and is in fact armed as the radio broadcast reported he was, the first thing I will do is ensure he doesn't get an opportunity to use it on me by allowing him to distract my attention away from securing the scene by engaging me in some BS about reasonable suspicion or probable cause. That ain't happening, not with me or anyone I work with.

Good Times Good Times

Yeah, and that's a problem.

When you are wrong, just because you are in blue does not make you right.
We got a "report" of a suspicious looking suspect. Oh hey there live, FREEZE! (here I come all aggressive) DOWN ON THE GROUND! DOWN ON THE GROUND! If you don't "submit to my author-ity" (Eric Cartman) and just comply, even though you're just walking down the street, then it becomes your fault I shot you. Just temporarily submit your rights to me and you'll be along your way.

"It looked like he had something in his pocket, yeah it was just his car keys but you know, hey.....we couldn't take the chance"

Just forget about the experience I put you through live, b/c public safety and I had reasons. I'm your FRIEND! What doesn't matter is that you did nothing wrong and were just walking down the street. Again, b/c public safety and my reasons.

livespive

How can I forget My name is Eric :Cautious:;):)

We got a "report" of a suspicious looking suspect. Oh hey there live, FREEZE! (here I come all aggressive) DOWN ON THE GROUND! DOWN ON THE GROUND! If you don't "submit to my author-ity" (Eric Cartman) and just comply, even though you're just walking down the street, then it becomes your fault I shot you. Just temporarily submit your rights to me and you'll be along your way.

"It looked like he had something in his pocket, yeah it was just his car keys but you know, hey.....we couldn't take the chance"

Just forget about the experience I put you through live, b/c public safety and I had reasons. I'm your FRIEND! What doesn't matter is that you did nothing wrong and were just walking down the street. Again, b/c public safety and my reasons.

livespive

Greg, you more than anyone should know the media does that on purpose....

There can be 5 black people at the scene of a fire, 4 professionals and 1 crack head....

They will ask the crack head how the fire started every time.

Zactly. The majority of the blacks I see interviewed actually believe whitey owes them reparations for slavery. Most dont even know the history of slavery. Dont get me wrong, I'm not ragging on blacks. I'm simply pointing out what I see.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
You see it as whining, when it is actually stating what hasn't changed.......

The picture looks different, but it's the same story.
I see it as whining because it's hypocritical. And many people my age, and some who are younger, believe that it hasn't changed because the black culture hasn't changed.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Greg, you more than anyone should know the media does that on purpose....

There can be 5 black people at the scene of a fire, 4 professionals and 1 crack head....

They will ask the crack head how the fire started every time.

Here in Alabama, it's always the toothless redneck.

livespive

And that is where you are wrong.......

What you see on TV might dictate as such, but it is far from the truth.

I see it as whining because it's hypocritical. And many people my age, and some who are younger, believe that it hasn't changed because the black culture hasn't changed.

Robadat

This is what I mean:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/video-sitting-porch-beaten-police-state/#vQHOKzj2IwUvhuuy.99

In "Mayberry" These cops would have went about their business after the questioning, but today, that is just not the case.
What the cop did was wrong. He got fired for it. I'd say the eventual outcome was correct. This was a case of a rogue cop that got shit-canned, this in no way shows systemic abuse by Police on a national level. It shows that a local PD got rid of an abusive cop, what's the beef with how it was handled. Police Officers are just as human as anyone else and deserve due process, he had his hearing and lost, bye bye job.

But this has nothing to do with my post you referenced. That response was to you saying that the cop should have some sort of documented proof he was looking for a person fitting a description of a wanted perp and to engage in discussions about the merits of the stop with him at the scene before the cop can ascertain that it is safe to do so. That isn't realistic in the real world now or fifty years ago...

livespive

Wrong,

This is exactly what I am talking about, if she doesn't have such said document, or description she shouldn't be messing with him.

Yes she got fired, but what if she would have shot him, which is happening more and more........

Now, lets take it back to the OP, she comes up, and let's say this an open carry state, and he is openly carrying, what then?

What the cop did was wrong. He got fired for it. I'd say the eventual outcome was correct. This was a case of a rogue cop that got shit-canned, this in no way shows systemic abuse by Police on a national level. It shows that a local PD got rid of an abusive cop, what's the beef with how it was handled. Police Officers are just as human as anyone else and deserve due process, he had his hearing and lost, bye bye job.

But this has nothing to do with my post you referenced. That response was to you saying that the cop should have some sort of documented proof he was looking for a person fitting a description of a wanted perp and to engage in discussions about the merits of the stop with him at the scene before the cop can ascertain that it is safe to do so. That isn't realistic in the real world now or fifty years ago...

Robadat

Wrong,

This is exactly what I am talking about, if she doesn't have such said document, or description she shouldn't be messing with him.

Yes she got fired, but what if she would have shot him, which is happening more and more........

Now, lets take it back to the OP, she comes up, and let's say this an open carry state, and he is openly carrying, what then?
They got a radio call to respond to a suspicious person, they don't come with photos, or printouts of the report that was called in. The cops ultimately handled this the wrong way, had a gun been involved, the outcome may have been more than a cop being fired for a punch in the nose, but we can't really speculate on what if's. We have to deal with the facts.

I suppose that if there was a shooting in this case, the case would have been presented to a grand jury or however North Carolina handles criminal investigations into shootings. What the outcome of that would have been is anyone's guess...

livespive

Yeah, I know they don't do it now, but they could.....

If the car had a small printer in it the APB or whatever could be printed out.

But anyway, I need to file a missing person's report, one of our own has gone missing:

http://www.allbowling.com/threads/wamos-whackin-thread.4072/

He has not posted to the thread, and I fear something has happened :Whistling:;):Biggrin:

You have a safe weekend, and thanks for being one of the good guys. :Thumbsup:

They got a radio call to respond to a suspicious person, they don't come with photos, or printouts of the report that was called in. The cops ultimately handled this the wrong way, had a gun been involved, the outcome may have been more than a cop being fired for a punch in the nose, but we can't really speculate on what if's. We have to deal with the facts.

I suppose that if there was a shooting in this case, the case would have been presented to a grand jury or however North Carolina handles criminal investigations into shootings. What the outcome of that would have been is anyone's guess...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND LETS SAY IT WAS AN OPEN CARRY SITUATION, IF HE DRAWS HIS WEAPON HE IS GUNNA DIE. END OF STORY. THEN THE COP GETS OFF. AND IM NOT SURE IF ITS THE SAME WHERE YOU ARE LIVE, BUT HERE IN DALLAS THERE ARE ALWAYS BLACKS ON TV SAYING THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO GET HARRASSED. YET, THEY HAVE LONG POLICE RECORDS FOR DRUGS, SPOUSAL ABUSE, ASSAULT AND OTHER CRIMES. SO WE ARE SUPPOSSED TO TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT, THAT THIS 1 TIME THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG. POLICE HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME WITHOUT HAVING TO JUST LOOK AT SOMEONE AND JUDGE IF THEY ARE GOOD OR BAD. AND OF COURSE THEY WOULD ASK THE CRACK HEAD, ITS CALLED EXPERIENCE. AND BESIDE, THE OTHER 4 WILL BE POINTING AT THE CRACK HEAD. :Laugh: