GT what's going on in MI?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
1. Is it, tho?? Cuomo has given the order to his hospitals that anyone dying from pneumonia, asthma, heart attack, or other internal issues are to mark that patient as a covid patient. WHY? Because hospitals are receiving $39000.00 federal subsidy for each covid patient. We have NO idea what the real numbers are.
2. Not that easy. Buying a few packs of seeds for the home gardener is a simple thing. .. Maybe. A few of my friends have tried and are finding many many sites are out of stock. Now, a farmer buying seeds online? Seriously? What kind of chaos would that bring? Co-ops here are closed, and just last night on the news I saw a local report that a lawn and garden shop was fined because the owner was inside cleaning up. If the farmers are going to be expected to raise wheat, corn, and all other produce, yeah, they need seeds. If seeds aren't essential then neither are pharmaceuticals.
3. Because the protest was about gridlock. It was meant to block the streets and not allow anyone in or out of the capitol building, or access roads. Those who WERE out of their cars were actually going rogue. It's the symbolism of being locked in.
4. My point. Had she taken the proper steps immediately, instead of blaming Trump we would not be in this situation now. She screamed and whined about Trump from the minute this thing started, then bitched for a month that he wasn't helping when in fact, she never ASKED for federal help.
I can't speak to what NY is doing. That would be illegal for a coroner or whomever to incorrectly mark on a death certificate the cause of death here in Alabama.

Seeds vs drugs is a false analogy. Just my cursory glance online, I easily found squash, tomatoe, and cucumber seeds ready to ship.

Again, I don't disagree that the steps were a big draconian.

Here, most elective surgery and scans have been put on hold.

Luckily the govenor is going to slowly open things back up after the 1st.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SMALL BUSINESS ADMIN OUT OF MONEY TO LOAN. WHEN THESE BUSINESSES DO OPEN BACK UP, WHO REALLY BELIEVES THAT EVERYONE THAT WAS LAID OFF WILL BE HIRED BACK? THESE COMPANIES ARE GOING TO HAVE TO OPERATE WITH SMALLER CREWS SO THEY CAN GET CAUGHT UP ON ALL THEY LOST. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. AND ONCE THEY LEARN THAT THEY CAN OPERATE WITH FEWER PEOPLE, MORE JOBLESS. AND ALL THE BUSINESSES THAT COULDNT SURVIVE, MORE JOBLESS.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND WE ALL KNOW THAT MORE THAN HALF THOSE PEOPLE THAT SHOWED UP AT THAT RALLY PROBALY DIDNT VOTE FOR HER ANYWAY. AND ALOT DIDNT VOTE AT ALL. AND ALOT ARE JUST TROUBLE MAKERS WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
SMALL BUSINESS ADMIN OUT OF MONEY TO LOAN. WHEN THESE BUSINESSES DO OPEN BACK UP, WHO REALLY BELIEVES THAT EVERYONE THAT WAS LAID OFF WILL BE HIRED BACK? THESE COMPANIES ARE GOING TO HAVE TO OPERATE WITH SMALLER CREWS SO THEY CAN GET CAUGHT UP ON ALL THEY LOST. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. AND ONCE THEY LEARN THAT THEY CAN OPERATE WITH FEWER PEOPLE, MORE JOBLESS. AND ALL THE BUSINESSES THAT COULDNT SURVIVE, MORE JOBLESS.
Exactly. What comes first, the chicken or the egg? Companies won't rehire until sales pick up. Sales won't pick up until people are working and have money to spend... How will the stalemate be broken?

Robadat

As far as NYs reporting, who knows what's right?

New York revised counts

I can tell from personal knowledge that at least one case of a terminal cancer patient who was on a death watch died "officially" due to COVID-19 last week before the new reporting revision. At least that was what the womans husband was told by the hospice she was a resident at. Never mind that when I last spoke to him on March 15, he told me did not expect her to survive much past that week.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
As far as NYs reporting, who knows what's right?

New York revised counts

I can tell from personal knowledge that at least one case of a terminal cancer patient who was on a death watch died "officially" due to COVID-19 last week before the new reporting revision. At least that was what the womans husband was told by the hospice she was a resident at. Never mind that when I last spoke to him on March 15, he told me did not expect her to survive much past that week.
↑↑↑↑ Yup. That's what I'm saying. He was counted because the state receives $39000.00 for each person diagnosed. ↑↑↑↑ Nice racket they have going.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
↑↑↑↑ Yup. That's what I'm saying. He was counted because the state receives $39000.00 for each person diagnosed. ↑↑↑↑ Nice racket they have going.
Funny thing is (actually not funny at all) is how everyone complains like it's our government's fault hospitals were unprepared for a pandemic. Well, the government doesn't run hospitals. To my knowledge, most if not all are private owned FOR PROFIT businesses which means they will run lean and not tie up capital in stockpilimg equipment they don't need "just in case". It also plays into why so many smaller communities no longer have hospitals (all around where I grew up they are closimg right and left in towns under 30,000+/- population) - it's because they make more money with more traffic, and for the business it's easier to consokidate those little communities to a larger regional hospital even if that means those people are an hour or more away from any healthcare options.

Which ties into the lying about how people die - if there's bonus cash there, the hospitals will go after it. Whether the gov't purposely created this loophole to boost the death numbers I don't know - it's hard to argue the Reps would purposely pass such a bill knowing the death toll will be used to skewer Trump and anyone else facing re-election under the R this November.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Funny thing is (actually not funny at all) is how everyone complains like it's our government's fault hospitals were unprepared for a pandemic. Well, the government doesn't run hospitals. To my knowledge, most if not all are private owned FOR PROFIT businesses which means they will run lean and not tie up capital in stockpilimg equipment they don't need "just in case". It also plays into why so many smaller communities no longer have hospitals (all around where I grew up they are closimg right and left in towns under 30,000+/- population) - it's because they make more money with more traffic, and for the business it's easier to consokidate those little communities to a larger regional hospital even if that means those people are an hour or more away from any healthcare options.

Which ties into the lying about how people die - if there's bonus cash there, the hospitals will go after it. Whether the gov't purposely created this loophole to boost the death numbers I don't know - it's hard to argue the Reps would purposely pass such a bill knowing the death toll will be used to skewer Trump and anyone else facing re-election under the R this November.
I'm not certain that the hospitals are responsible for keeping emergency stock piles. I would think the state would be on the hook for those supplies.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm not certain that the hospitals are responsible for keeping emergency stock piles. I would think the state would be on the hook for those supplies.
But is it really the State's responsibility to stockpile everything we might ever need for any and all potential future disasters? Seems unrealistic to me.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT ONE ISSUE I SEE IS IF A DR OR CORONER SIGNS THE DEATH CERT THAT IT WAS COVID THAT WAS THE CAUSE OF DEATH, AND THE FAMILY FINDS OUT DIFFERENT, WONT THE LAWSUITS COST WAY MORE THAN THE $39K THEIR GETTING? AND THE DR'S COULD LOSE THEIR LICENSE FOR SUCH A THING, COULD THEY NOT? ESPECIALLY IF IT WAS DONE MULTIPLE TIMES BY THE SAME DR.

Djarum300

Addicted Member

Well you are just giving the liberals an excuse for government running the hospitals then, right? VA is just the best, right?

It is and has been however the responsibility to have some backup supplies and coordination efforts for something like this. Given that it doesn't make sense to have masks that will rot or machines that languish in a warehouse either.

Robadat

But is it really the State's responsibility to stockpile everything we might ever need for any and all potential future disasters? Seems unrealistic to me.
Well here in NYC, just about all hospitals you see in MSM reporting overcrowding, lack of ppe, etc. are city run or have contracts with nyc to receive EMS (911) patients. Most of our smaller private run hospitals were ok until they couldn't get their inventories restocked because regional distributors had nothing left. (FTR, way back when I got out of HS, my first full time job was in a private hospital working Central Supply doing stocking and inventory. Was there almost 8 years eventually becoming an OR Tech. before leaving for greener pastures.)

FEMA was designed to help out with beefing up State and Local government agencies in localized emergencies, (earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.) not for a National Response as we're currently in where all 50 States are in trouble looking for unrealistic amounts of supplies and equipment ( NYS - 40,000 Ventilators, etc.) It's also unrealistic to assume the Fed government could stockpile all things neccessary in a national disaster. All sterile medical supplies have exp. dates, equipment even in storage, needs to be maintained in working order. A National Stockpile would need to pretty much be turned over completely every 5 to 7 years. Is that realistic?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
We have one hospital group that is private but not for profit and another that is for profit. Both underpay compared to TN hospitals or oven UAB in Birmingham.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT SURE ANYONE COULD REALLY BE PREPARED FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. HOPEFULLY WE LEARNED A LESSON AND MOVE FASTER IN THE FUTURE.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
NOT SURE ANYONE COULD REALLY BE PREPARED FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. HOPEFULLY WE LEARNED A LESSON AND MOVE FASTER IN THE FUTURE.
Move faster? Please. DT tried to move very fast, but politicians and MSM said otherwise. Then they changed their tune and began the all DT fault for moving too slow. Here is proof. You may have to expand it.
0B71962F-4ACD-4445-B481-A5188D5FBD00.jpeg

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
COVID Timeline​

1/6 CDC issues travel advisory for Wuhan.
1/11 CDC tweets about corona related “pneumonia outbreak in China”
1/14 WHO tweets that there is no evidence of human to human transmission.
1/17 CDC started doing health screenings at 3 airports of travelers from China.
1/21 first case in US for someone who traveled directly from Wuhan.
1/23 WHO again says no human to human transmission outside of China.
1/27 WHO raises alert level but is still saying China has it contained.
1/28 CDC states “ While CDC considers covid a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the US is considered low.”
1/29 White House announces Coronavirus Task Force created. Note - this is despite the WHO downplaying the threat!
1/31 Trump bans travel from China.

Media and multiple Democrats slam his decision calling it racist/xenophobic.

2/5 Trump acquitted (impeachment).
2/5 Chuck Schumer in a tweet continues to call Trumps’ travel ban from China “premature.”
2/7 White House’s Coronavirus Task Force gives press briefing.
2/9 White House Coronavirus Task Force meets with all governors regarding virus.
2/12 CDC waiting for approval from Chinese for CDC team to travel to China.
2/18 HHS announces partnership to develop vaccine.
2/21 Italy identifies its very first case in their country.
2/21 CDC tweets that it is working with States for preparedness.
2/24 Trump sent letter to Congress asking for $25B for virus effort.
2/24 Nancy Pelosi made a stop in Chinatown and encouraged people to “please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown.”
2/25 there is still no reported community spread in the US!!! (Per CDC tweet.)
2/27 first community transmission in US.
2/27 Trump appoints Pence to coordinate efforts.
2/29 FIRST reported Covid19 death in US.

It is helpful to look at the actual timeline. All of this happened BEFORE the 1st death in US.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

Step away from CNN and MSNBC for a while, and take the time to analyze what REVerse posted after you.