On the eve of Super Tuesday, some food-for-thought questions

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The one problem I have with Livespive's proposition is that rural or less populated areas, a decent portion of the country, will have absolutely no voice in the government. What works for Kansas City doesn't necessarily work for Garden City. And vice versa. We need those voices to be heard so, in a functional, reasonable government (which we don't currently have) cause and effect can be discussed and compromise can be reached.

That's one thing I like about states having multiple representatives assigned for different districts.

That said, I think each electoral vote should be assigned individually, not winner take all. So even if one district in TX votes Dem, that electoral vote should go to Hillary. If one district in CA votes Rep, that electoral vote should go to Trump (assuming these are the candidates).

Then we just need to clean up the issue of gerrymandering.

livespive

How do you figure? it would be just like a state voting for a governor. Also when it is time for decisions to be made there will be input from the appropriate departments, not just a 13 people look at and vote on something. If it is a health issue the health department would show their findings etc etc.

The one problem I have with Livespive's proposition is that rural or less populated areas, a decent portion of the country, will have absolutely no voice in the government. What works for Kansas City doesn't necessarily work for Garden City. And vice versa. We need those voices to be heard so, in a functional, reasonable government (which we don't currently have) cause and effect can be discussed and compromise can be reached.

That's one thing I like about states having multiple representatives assigned for different districts.

That said, I think each electoral vote should be assigned individually, not winner take all. So even if one district in TX votes Dem, that electoral vote should go to Hillary. If one district in CA votes Rep, that electoral vote should go to Trump (assuming these are the candidates).

Then we just need to clean up the issue of gerrymandering.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
How do you figure? it would be just like a state voting for a governor. Also when it is time for decisions to be made there will be input from the appropriate departments, not just a 13 people look at and vote on something. If it is a health issue the health department would show their findings etc etc.
Nevermind... I missed your first post that outlined a different "Ruling Party", and thus misunderstood your second post about doing away with electoral college (because I didn't realize you were further explaining the ruling party idea). I thought you were advocating popular vote to do away with electoral college.

Don't mind me. My sinuses have been acting up, so I'm blaming this one on the pseudoephedrine! :confused: :Roflmao:

bbfreeburn

Currently our delegates are voted in by the people. Your beef, which wasn't clear until your last post, is with the electoral college. On that we agree - the EC is a joke. Maybe in the beginning it wasn't; might have even been necessary. But now it's a dinosaur and should be put out of its' misery.

livespive

Medicine head will do it to you every time.:p:D:Thumbsup:

Nevermind... I missed your first post that outlined a different "Ruling Party", and thus misunderstood your second post about doing away with electoral college (because I didn't realize you were further explaining the ruling party idea). I thought you were advocating popular vote to do away with electoral college.

Don't mind me. My sinuses have been acting up, so I'm blaming this one on the pseudoephedrine! :confused: :Roflmao: