On the eve of Super Tuesday, some food-for-thought questions

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Everyone who is campaigning for a public office IS a politician.
Not really. If you open a toolbox and begin to dismantle your car you're not really a mechanic. If you put a band-aid on a cut you're not a doctor. Splashing paint on your walls doesn't make you a painter. Balancing your check book doesn't make you an accountant.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The only guy I liked was Jeb Bush. I didn't agree with everything, but he's got a track record, and I think he was a decent to good governor for Florida. Too bad he was't electable. And that is the crux of the problem. There are politicians who are electable that have zero track record of actually doing anything that pertains to being a president.

Trump is the Republicans Obama. All flash and sizzle.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The only guy I liked was Jeb Bush. I didn't agree with everything, but he's got a track record, and I think he was a decent to good governor for Florida. Too bad he was't electable. And that is the crux of the problem. There are politicians who are electable that have zero track record of actually doing anything that pertains to being a president.

We don't know that yet. He has to be in the position for some time before we know his composition. The one thing he has that all the others don't is fire in the gut. He has the drive, the ambition and the tenacity to do well. A proven businessman who has studied economics, worked in America's economy for many years and has incredible experience in negotiations. The rest of the field is made up of career politicians.

bbfreeburn

Greg, whatever else you have to say about Bernie, I don't think you can deny that he, also, has fire in his gut.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, whatever else you have to say about Bernie, I don't think you can deny that he, also, has fire in his gut.
I'm not really convinced of that. I also look at track records when forming an opinion, and being a lazy ass mooch, couch hopping his friends til he was 40 does not look good for him.

livespive

+1 Ding Ding Ding "Hope and Change":Thumbsup:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I think we're all sick to fucking death of career politicians telling us about change when in fact it's just more of the same. It's about fucking time we get a real businessman in there that owes no one, will cater to no one and will not take shit from anyone. The change we need is to get away from politicians.
DITTOS!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member

Any chance Jeb had at the Whitehouse was quashed by his brother.

livespive

My question is this:

How come family members of radio/ tv station employees can't participate in contest (as per the fine print), but yet fathers and sons and sons, or husbands and wives can run the country?

I don't think direct blood should be able to run, but that's just me.

Any chance Jeb had at the Whitehouse was quashed by his brother.

Robadat

My question is this:

How come family members of radio/ tv station employees can't participate in contest (as per the fine print), but yet fathers and sons and sons, or husbands and wives can run the country?

I don't think direct blood should be able to run, but that's just me.
As far as the contest thing goes, it would appear a bit "shady" should a relative of an employee just happen to win the contest.
As far as politicians go, ruling out family members of past office holders would be a violation of the Constitution, as there is no rule/amendment prohibiting it. However, there's nothing to stop any voter from adopting that as a personal reason for not voting for any particular candidate(s).

livespive

Right, but typically most family members have the same ideologies.

We don't need ruling families, they have that across the way.

But again that's just me.

As far as the contest thing goes, it would appear a bit "shady" should a relative of an employee just happen to win the contest.
As far as politicians go, ruling out family members of past office holders would be a violation of the Constitution, as there is no rule/amendment prohibiting it. However, there's nothing to stop any voter from adopting that as a personal reason for not voting for any particular candidate(s).

Robadat

You'll get no argument from me about ruling families...I don't like the concept either, seems there's a number of them across many levels of Government who think it's their birthright that they get into office because Daddy, Mom, Grandpa or Uncle Shmuck held the Office at some point in time...that's "strike 1" against them on my scorecard, it won't neccessarily knock them out of the box but it sure doesn't help them get my vote.

bbfreeburn

As to ruling families, I'm beginning more and more to agree with a very conservative history professor that I know. We should have a royal family, in fact a monarchy. Do away with all the political BS concerning elections, etc.

livespive

Nope you need a ruling party. One person from each state truly voted in by the people, then one person doesn't matter where from in the USA gets voted in to be a tie breaker of sorts. The votes are from the people, not delegates. All final decisions are made by this panel of 51 with input from the appropriate departments presenting to all 51. Every 4 years you vote someone else in for each of the 51 spots, period.

bbfreeburn

Nope you need a ruling party. One person from each state truly voted in by the people, then one person doesn't matter where from in the USA gets voted in to be a tie breaker of sorts. The votes are from the people, not delegates. All final decisions are made by this panel of 51 with input from the appropriate departments presenting to all 51. Every 4 years you vote someone else in for each of the 51 spots, period.
Seems to me that what you describe are delegates. You know, people delegated the authority to represent others.

livespive

No they are voted in By the people. However many people are at the poles, are the one that are putting people in power. No electoral college None of that stuff. Ohio votes in their rep, and ohio will vote on the nation tie breaker. Michigan will vote for their rep and the national tie breaker etc.
There would never be ties. n the event of a death the person that had the 2nd place votes would take over until the next election year.

This group of 13 would be the "President" per say They would be the house, they would be the senate.

Seems to me that what you describe are delegates. You know, people delegated the authority to represent others.