On the eve of Super Tuesday, some food-for-thought questions

Djarum300

Addicted Member
From my investments he doesn't. He can't just go Bankrupt when things get rough.

There is take no shit, and there is shoot from the hip. Trump is the latter. He just runs his mouth.
He truly hasn't said anything on any policy that I have seen other than I have people for that, or we will send Mexico a bill for the wall.
What kind of shit is that?.....

Sorry, I think I am sitting this one out :)

Lots of people go Bankrupt. Giving Bailouts is the answer ( both former presidents)? Trillions of dollars in debt? Not seeing how any of this is different.

toolguru

Total Tool
Hilarious. Trump a moderate? Nah, just a blowhard who has filed bankruptcy so many times he just might fit in at D.C. No substance to his claims, misleading ads, no policy plans at all. The fact that he didn't discredit the KKK right away will be his Waterloo in the national elections if he gets the nod. Cruz? Aside from being just unlikable, his own party can't stand him. How would he get anything thru Congress? Biggest obstructionist in Congress now claiming to be a peacemaker and builder of bridges. Rubio? Too young, as Christie pointed out. Carson? Too quiet, can't get his message across, shoots himself in foot with plantation owner/abortion ridiculousness. Kasich? Would get my vote as he sounds like the sanest one of the crowd and doesn't appear to need numerous flea dipping. Sanders? Total nut bag Marxist who wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any of his unicorn dreams passed. Young people like him because he says they won't have to pay for school or work as hard as their parents. Sure, kid, sure. Leaves Clinton. She wins by default against anybody but Kasich. Hope the Repubs see that or they have NO chance of winning the White House. Probably didn't anyway.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
What is it that JLS says "That is how we got Obama" :) Well we will now be saying "This how we got Trump"

I agree it will send a message, in the process we will go down even farther.
with any of these candidates we do. Pick the lesser of two evils.

toolguru

Total Tool
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Perhaps you should -- if you haven't already -- watch the video posted by Greg in the thread "A Must Watch Video." You may be amazed how much Trump HASN'T changed positions on a lot of things. The video is more than 25 years old.
Not true.

I have a lot I would like to say here about Hillary, Trump, Cruz, Rubio, and Berny, (btw, all have their faults, baggage they carry, some more than others, etc.) but with my wife having passed away 2 weeks ago, I have too many other more important personal matters to attend to than argue politics in this tread, so this is the only post I am going to make in this tread.

Note .... The damn phone has been ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and etc. the past 2 days and again today and it hasn't stopped. I don't answer it once I found out who was calling each time and couldn't any how since I am hearing impaired enough that I can't communicate on the phone.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Hilarious. Trump a moderate? Nah, just a blowhard who has filed bankruptcy so many times he just might fit in at D.C. No substance to his claims, misleading ads, no policy plans at all. The fact that he didn't discredit the KKK right away will be his Waterloo in the national elections if he gets the nod. Cruz? Aside from being just unlikable, his own party can't stand him. How would he get anything thru Congress? Biggest obstructionist in Congress now claiming to be a peacemaker and builder of bridges. Rubio? Too young, as Christie pointed out. Carson? Too quiet, can't get his message across, shoots himself in foot with plantation owner/abortion ridiculousness. Kasich? Would get my vote as he sounds like the sanest one of the crowd and doesn't appear to need numerous flea dipping. Sanders? Total nut bag Marxist who wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any of his unicorn dreams passed. Young people like him because he says they won't have to pay for school or work as hard as their parents. Sure, kid, sure. Leaves Clinton. She wins by default against anybody but Kasich. Hope the Repubs see that or they have NO chance of winning the White House. Probably didn't anyway.
Dear toolguru:

In reply to your post -- to which many would agree -- I repeat my oft-stated contention that NO U.S. PRESIDENT WILL EVER AGAIN BE ELECTED UNDER THE REPUBLICAN BANNER.

livespive

Simple, when things get tough he bails. IF he is thinking like that now, who know how he will think in the office.
Next thing you know we will be owned ever more than we already are by another country.

Lots of people go Bankrupt. Giving Bailouts is the answer ( both former presidents)? Trillions of dollars in debt? Not seeing how any of this is different.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Simple, when things get tough he bails. IF he is thinking like that now, who know how he will think in the office.
Next thing you know we will be owned ever more than we already are by another country.
Declaring bankruptcy is actually smart. Also, Trump never went into bankruptcy himself, only his businesses. They restructured. Exactly what GM should have done. Should Trump just shut down those failing businesses? Maybe. He couldn't just pump imaginary money into those businesses like the the current and past presidents do when they want to pay for something.. It wouldn't matter who is president, if the foreign held US debt was called in, we'd go bankrupt.

livespive

Yes, it is smart, but this is the USA not GM it doesn't work that way. That is why we keep raising the debt ceiling.
If it was called in we would not go bankrupt......We would be repossessed. :Eek::Thumbsup:;):Biggrin:

Declaring bankruptcy is actually smart. Also, Trump never went into bankruptcy himself, only his businesses. They restructured. Exactly what GM should have done. Should Trump just shut down those failing businesses? Maybe. He couldn't just pump imaginary money into those businesses like the the current and past presidents do when they want to pay for something.. It wouldn't matter who is president, if the foreign held US debt was called in, we'd go bankrupt.

toolguru

Total Tool
Dear toolguru:

In reply to your post -- to which many would agree -- I repeat my oft-stated contention that NO U.S. PRESIDENT WILL EVER AGAIN BE ELECTED UNDER THE REPUBLICAN BANNER.
You are probably correct. How can they win it? They don't even know what they stand for anymore and what they do stand for is so out of touch with society.

bbfreeburn

Someone pointed out at coffee this morning that had Trump merely invested his inheritance in a sound mutual fund he would now have much more money than he actually does. Financial genius? I don't think so.

toolguru

Total Tool
Someone pointed out at coffee this morning that had Trump merely invested his inheritance in a sound mutual fund he would now have much more money than he actually does. Financial genius? I don't think so.
All he did is inherit Daddys dough.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
All he did is inherit Daddys dough.
This is a misstatement. Trump, at a very early age, took a sizeable LOAN from his father and started in the real estate business. He was a multi millionaire before his father's death, and had long paid back the loan.

He went to a military academy and then went to Fordham University, a Jesuit school in the Bronx, for two years, before transferring to the University of Pennsylvania and studied economics for two years, graduating in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree. He took undergraduate classes at Penn’s famed Wharton School of Business. Though he was not enrolled in Wharton’s prestigious MBA program, the Spring 2007 Wharton Alumni Magazine featured Trump, with this headline, “The Best Brand Name in Real Estate.”

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
POLICY STATEMENTS? ARENT WE ALL TIRED OF HEARING POLITICIANS MAKE POLICY STATEMENTS THEN, NOT FOLLOWING THRU WITH THEM THE VERY FIRST DAY IN OFFICE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
POLICY STATEMENTS? ARENT WE ALL TIRED OF HEARING POLITICIANS MAKE POLICY STATEMENTS THEN, NOT FOLLOWING THRU WITH THEM THE VERY FIRST DAY IN OFFICE.
I think we're all sick to fucking death of career politicians telling us about change when in fact it's just more of the same. It's about fucking time we get a real businessman in there that owes no one, will cater to no one and will not take shit from anyone. The change we need is to get away from politicians.