The elephant in the room; discussion

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I would take issue with that. Are you telling me that no guns have been produced in the last 300 years ( taking into account your age)? Or last 40? Get real.
Are you insinuating that the total number of legally owned firearms has something to do with the murder rate? Take a look at the stats. Look at the bottom table (per 100k) and you find that nearly ALL crime has dropped since about the early 1980s, when gun sales began to soar. Yes, even murder and assault is down.

Last edited:

bbfreeburn

Are you insinuating that the total number of legally owned firearms has something to do with the murder rate? Take a look at the stats. Look at the bottom table (per 100k) and you find that nearly ALL crime has dropped since about the early 1980s, when gun sales began to soar. Yes, even murder and assault is down.
No I'm not. I am saying that the number of guns in this country goes up every year. Elsewise why don't ALL gun makers go out of business? Thousands of new guns are made every year. I'm willing to bet the house that the number made each year is larger than the number destroyed, lost or whatever in that same year. Not saying anything about right or wrong, just that the numbers do go up.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Per capita, firearm ownership has increased slightly. Existing gun owners account for most of the firearm sales today. My point is, whether I own 1 firearm or 100, I am not more or less likely to commit a violent crime.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Per capita, firearm ownership has increased slightly. Existing gun owners account for most of the firearm sales today. My point is, whether I own 1 firearm or 100, I am not more or less likely to commit a violent crime.
... and whereas that's true for you (and most other Americans), there are a FEW deranged individuals who DO accumulate large amounts of firearms prior to engaging in deadly and murderous acts. And sometimes, they show off their firearms on Facebook (and elsewhere) prior to their sinister deeds.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
... and whereas that's true for you (and most other Americans), there are a FEW deranged individuals who DO accumulate large amounts of firearms prior to engaging in deadly and murderous acts. And sometimes, they show off their firearms on Facebook (and elsewhere) prior to their sinister deeds.
Absolutely. But, let's just say, for shits and grins, that a nutcase owned 1 gun and could not get another one. The reason is irrelevant, he just couldn't lay his hands on another firearm. Is that person going to decide not to kill because he only has one gun?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Absolutely. But, let's just say, for shits and grins, that a nutcase owned 1 gun and could not get another one. The reason is irrelevant, he just couldn't lay his hands on another firearm. Is that person going to decide not to kill because he only has one gun?
Maybe. I mean, if it's a single shot Derringer, or a muzzle loader...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

Short answer: NO

bbfreeburn

I absolutely agree with that.

bbfreeburn

He might well still kill, but it is unlikely that he will kill 20 or 40 or 50 people.

livespive

Depending on the gun.......

there are plenty more guns other than the AR-15 that can do that.

Hell a 6 shot and a bag full of speed loaders can do that if he really wants to....

Example in FL, the recourse officer did not engage and neither did the other cops until way later.
I can walk down the hall taking pop shots at folks and reloading all day in that time.

As you see even with 30 round capacity he only got 17, it isn't the gun it is skill, with the time he was in there
it should have been much higher.

He might well still kill, but it is unlikely that he will kill 20 or 40 or 50 people.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ONLY ONE GUN? HE WILL GO TO AN OLD FOLKS HOME, THEY CANT RUN VERY FAST.
BUT IF HE COULDNT GET ANY GUN AT ALL, HE MIGHT CHOOSE NOT TO KILL.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Maybe. I have about 5 or 6 magazines for each of my guns. I've been on the range doing rapid fire drills, and I can change a magazine in my Glocks so damn fast you barely tell. I may miss one shot during a change. Anyone with practice can do this. Anyhow, the point is that killers will kill, but the left ALWAYS attack the tool and NEVER the root of the problem.

Scolai

IN THE PAST? I WAS IN SCHOOL IN THE PAST. DONT EVER REMEMBER 17 KIDS GUNNED DOWN. HERE IS THE FOR FUCKS SAKE MOMENT: GUN ADDICTS ARE TO BLAME FOR ALL THIS. THEY REFUSED TO LET ANYONE PUT RESTRICTIONS ON THEM. NOW LOOK WHERE WE ARE. ITS TO LATE NOW. THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES ANY SENSE, GIVE EVERYBODY GUNS.
The first school shooting in this country occurred before we were officially a country (Enoch Brown School - the teacher was shot/killed/scalped and 9 kids were scalped). This school violence shit has been happening for more than 250 FUCKING YEARS! You may not remember it, but it's been happening.

Blaming "gun addicts" is fucking stupid. Most - virtually ALL - gun owners spend their days killing no one at all.

They refused to let anyone put restrictions on them? Are you fucking serious!?! Guns are THE most heavily regulated private ownership Constitutionally protected property in the land. That one statement alone signifies the degree of ignorance you bring to this discussion.

Next you'll be saying that we need to ban AR-47s with 30 magazine clips that shoot a thousand rounds a second.

Seriously. Read a fucking book. Or an article. Or something that makes you seem less ignorant on the subject against which you speak so passionately.